Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar
You Save: $8.40 (20.00%)
Learn the Basics, Master the Language
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar takes the groundbreaking integrative approach of William Mounce's widely used Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar and applies it to learning and teaching biblical Hebrew. This book makes learning Hebrew a natural process and shows from the very beginning how understanding Hebrew helps in understanding the Old Testament.
Features of Basics Biblical Hebrew Grammar
- Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches.
- Field-tested at a number of colleges and seminaries.
- Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than "made-up" illustrations.
- Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process.
- Typestyle highlights particles added to nouns and verbs for easy recognition of new forms.
- Includes a CD-ROM featuring the full answer key to the accompanying workbook and full-color, printable charts and diagnostics. Includes Acrobat Reader. (Windows' 95;. 98. 2000, ME. NT4. Window XP and Mac OS 8.1 - 9.2) Also included on the CD-ROM is FlashWorks, a fun and effective vocabulary-drilling program from Teknia Language Tools.
- Section of appendices and study-aids is clearly marked for fast reference.
A separate workbook is also available.
Gary D. PRATICO is professor of Old Testament and director of the Hebrew Language Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for twenty-five years.
Miles V. VAN PELT is assistant professor of Old Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi. He has also taught at Gordon College and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.