Basic Japanese Through Comics Part 2
You Save: $4.99 (20.00%)
A Compilation of the 24 Basic Japanese columns from Mangajin Magazine
Basic Japanese Through Comics is not intended as a textbook, but rather as an entertaining supplement to a more structured study of Japanese.
The 24 "lessons" in this book are a compilation of the Basic Japanese column from Mangajin magazine; they do not build on each other, so they can be read or studied in any order. Some of the other benefits of Basic Japanese Through Comics are:
- Uses lifelike situations from authentic Japanese manga, the famous "comics" read by millions of Japanese people of all ages, to explain linguistic and cultural points quickly and memorably.
- Language is natural and colloquial, not "textbook Japanese." Politeness levels are clearly indicated to avoid inappropriate use of slang or informal speech.
- Beginners will find the concepts and explanations easy to understand, while old pros can add to the depth and breadth of their knowledge of Japanese language and culture.
- Educates and entertains—the ideal supplement to learning Japanese from textbooks.
- Shows all the nuances of speech such as social context, body language, and situational factors; improves understanding not just of the language, but of the people who speak it.
Paperback Book, 161 pages