Chinese For Dummies
You Save: $5.00 (20.01%)
Book plus Audio CD
China has become a major influence in the world today. Not only is China full of opportunities in business and politics, but Chinese culture, such as movies and literature, are also making their way into the western world. And with Chinese as the second most widely- spoken foreign language in America, more and more Americans are exposed to its language and culture.
This revised edition of Chinese for Dummies shows you the basics of Mandarin Chinese and culture points that will make great impressions while communicating.
Many Americans are taking time to learn Chinese, especially since it is becoming one of the most widely used languages in the world. Currently, there are:
- Over 1 billion people speak some form of Chinese
- More Chinese speakers in the United States than French or German speakers
- 102.6 million internet users who obtain access using Chinese
- At least 25 million people worldwide who are learning Chinese
Chinese For Dummies will show you how to communicate effectively in Chinese as well as inform you on Chinese culture. Some of the topics this book covers include:
- Basic vocabulary
- Everyday conversations, including phone dialogue and small talk
- Speaking in perfect pitch and tone
- Easy-to-understand grammar rules
- Getting around in a Chinese-speaking country
- Cultural references like maintaining face, dining etiquette, and social mores
Also included is an audio CD that features actual Chinese conversations by native Chinese speakers, which allows you to hear how Chinese is really spoken. Written by a leading Chinese language teacher in the United States, Chinese for Dummies will introduce an often daunting language to you in a fun-and-easy For Dummies manner.