IQChinese Go 300
You Save: $12.00 (20.00%)
Learn Chinese by Typing! Learn Pinyin, Simplified and Traditional Characters.
IQChinese understands the bottlenecks and challenges that learners face when learning Chinese as a second language. IQChinese courseware and software constitutes a unique, multimedia Chinese language learning system that integrates the familiarity of typing with a detailed, individual performance analysis into an easy-to-use, computer-friendly format that makes learning Mandarin Chinese easy, enjoyable, and effective.
IQChinese GO courseware is an eight volume series, each volume containing ten lessons and each lesson introducing 12 new, high-frequency, common, and “everyday-type” Chinese words. The entire series employs a “spiral format” that builds on previously taught vocabulary while only introducing twelve new characters at a time. GO courseware allows learners to acquire Chinese in a systematic way. GO 100-400 is the basic series; GO 500-800 is the intermediate/advanced series.
Type-to-Learn is exactly what it says it is, a way to become fluent with one thousand basic, high-frequency Chinese characters by actually typing on your computer. Nothing special is needed, any basic keyboard is sufficient. You can see exactly what characters and tones are giving you the most difficulty and then hone in to correct them. This lets students use multiple learning styles based on sensory preferences: Visual Preferences, Tactile Preferences, Auditory Preferences, and Kinesthetic Preferences.
- Read the text, see the Chinese characters
- Type the text and select the correct tone mark
- Hear the correct pronunciation and tone
- Speak and/or type what has been learned
Type to Learn with the “Drill” Function
This is the heart of learning Chinese by typing. In Drill you see the character and must enter the correct Pinyin and tone mark before the character is spoken aloud. Drill motivates you to apply what you have learned.
This is a unique approach that enhances the learner’s word recognition, listening ability and reading ability simultaneously; in some cases, tripling the speed of learning.
GO 300 Contents:
- Lesson 1 My Family - Learn to Talk about Your Family
- Lesson 2 School Activities - Learn to Talk about Activities at School
- Lesson 3 Try Your Best - Learn to Discuss Attitude and Results
- Lesson 4 I Am Sick - Learn to Describe Illness
- Lesson 5 Where Is My Home? - Learn to Describe Geography and Directions
- Lesson 6 My Mood - Learn to Describe your Moods
- Lesson 7 To See a Ball Game - Learn to Describe Sports
- Lesson 8 My Hobbies - Learn to Describe Hobbies
- Lesson 9 Television Programs - Learn to Discuss TV programs
- Lesson 10 The Weather Today - The use of weather Metaphors
Windows: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Intel Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz or greater, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM Drive, Sound Card, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Screen Resolution 1024x768. Internet Connection required for product activation.
Macintosh: Mac OX X, 1GHz PowerPC, G5 or multicore Intel processor, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM drive, Sound Card, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Screen Resolution 1024x768. Internet Connection required for product activation.