You Save: $12.00 (20.00%)
Learn initial sounds, final sounds, and tones of the standard Pinyin system using a native speaker's voice. Works on PCs and Macintosh.
IQChinese Pinyin is multimedia courseware that introduces initial sounds, final sounds, and tones of the standard Pinyin system using a native speaker's voice.
It includes a practice feature that allows the Chinese language student to hear any possible combination of initial sounds, final sounds, and tones in standard spoken Mandarin Chinese. Includes video clips of a native speaker's mouth speaking all Mandarin Initials and Finals.
- Initial Sounds: This feature helps you learn to correctly pronounce the beginning sound of any Mandarin word.
- Final Sounds: This feature helps you learn to correctly pronounce the end sound of any Mandarin word.
- Tones: This feature uses English to demonstrate how Mandarin tones really work.
- Pinyin Practice: The perfect tool to fine-tune subtle sound and tone differences of any Mandarin word and tone combination.
- Games: Test your ability to recognize Mandarin sounds and tones in a fun, competitive format.
- Pronunciation Videos: Video clips of a native Chinese speaker pronouncing each initial and final sound in Mandarin Chinese is available at the click of button.
The material introduces all consonants, vowels and tones in the Pinyin System. It presents important pronunciation skills and demonstrates how to pronounce the sounds correctly. In addition, you may also combine consonants, vowels and tones to practice pronunciation of Chinese characters through the exercises. You may choose the level of the games based on your own learning progress to evaluate how well you have advanced.
Windows: 2000/XP/Vista, Intel Pentium 4 - 1.7 GHz or higher, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM drive, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Internet Connection required for product activation.
Macintosh: OS X, 1GHz Power PC G4, G5 or multicore Intel Processor, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM drive, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Best Resolution of 1024x768