Learning Latin - Complete Idiot's Guide
You Save: $3.79 (20.00%)
A Modern Approach to Grammar, Vocabulary, and Everything You Need to Read and Speak Latin
An updated guide to the language of the Roman Empire
Whether interested in learning Latin or just seeking a deeper understanding of English, readers will find a fun alternative to the standard dusty tomes usually associated with Latin.
Included in this revised edition are updated vocabulary lists relevant to today’s world, expanded pronunciation guides, Latin-to-English and English-to-Latin translations, and a workbook of exercises, reading passages, and tools for greater comprehension of the language.
- In 2002, the number of high school students taking Latin tests for college credit had risen 95% since 1993
- According to CNN, educators are increasingly turning toward Latin to improve student performance in reading, math, and science
- Perfect reference tool for law school, medical school, music school, and other graduate school students faced with getting through a Latin course as a requirement
In this Complete Idiot's Guide, you get:
- A solid introduction to basic Latin vocabulary and grammar
- Reading passages, translation exercises, and grammar tips to get you up to speed fast
- An easy-to-understand approach to learning cases, clauses, and conjugations
- Updated vocabulary lists, expanded pronunciation guides, a brand-new workbook section, and other tools to help you learn
Paperback Book, 378 pages