Pimsleur French 4 CDs
You Save: $172.50 (50.00%)
Lessons 91 to 120
A new 30-unit course designed to be completed after French Level III.
Thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken French language learning, plus one hour of Reading Lessons designed to expand your vocabulary, give you practice reading and hearing French, and bring you one step closer to reading French for pleasure.
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's French Levels I-III. You'll be speaking and understanding French with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level IV the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension.
You’ll learn to speak about your professional and personal life, needs, likes and dislikes, and to create complex sentences discussing the past, present, future, conditional and subjunctive.
A few of the topics included in French Level IV
- Business: Traveling for business, attending a conference, booking and canceling train tickets, looking for and buying a house in France.
- Personal life: Discussing where you’ve lived, what you enjoy, going through hard times, marriage and divorce, raising teenagers, missing loved ones, moving.
- Activities: Reading, hiking, gardening, skiing, going to the theater, watching TV, walking around, doing home renovations.
- Shopping: trying on and buying various items of clothing, asking for colors and sizes, buying gifts and souvenirs, going to the open-air and the flea market, haggling over prices, negotiating a discount, discussing shipping options.
- Vacationing: going to the beach or swimming pool, sampling foods, preparing a picnic, boating, dealing with crowds.
- Dealing with Unforeseen Events: feeling ill, calling a doctor, losing or forgetting personal items, being caught in a strike, witnessing a crime,falling in love.
- The French Character: Learn to think like a French person, using irony and sarcasm, making huffing sounds, showing nonchalance and disinterest, and expressing nostalgia and fatalism.
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs, plus a reading booklet
Note: In order for the Pimsleur Method to work correctly, you must first complete the Levels 1, 2 and 3 language programs before proceeding to the Level 4language program.