Pimsleur Italian 5 CDs
You Save: $172.50 (50.00%)
With Pimsleur Language Programs you don't just study a language, you learn it -- the same way you mastered English!
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs (16 hrs), plus Reading Booklet and User’s Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Italian
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning Italian will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
- 30, 30-minute audio lessons
- 90 minutes of reading instruction to provide you practice reading Italian
- in total, 16.5 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet and User’s Guide
What You’ll Learn
Italian Level 5 is designed to be taken after Pimsleur’s Italian Level 4. Thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken Italian language learning, plus 90 minutes of reading practice. Italian Level 5 builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s Italian Levels 1-4. You’ll be speaking and understanding Italian with near fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level 5 the pace and conversation moves quite rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak more in-depth about your personal life and emotional state, and be able to create complex sentences using a mix of tenses and moods.
A few of the topics included in Italian Level 5:
- Travel and leisure: making vacation plans, famous landmarks, festivals, reading, hiking, dining and movies, malls, delayed and canceled flights, lost luggage, car trouble, filing a police report, getting a speeding ticket, driving dos and don’ts, train travel
- Food and drink: restaurants, grocery shopping, organic food and wine, smells and tastes, what to bring, traditional foods
- The environment: weather, alternative energy, trash and recycling, changing landscapes, pollution
- Communication: staying in touch, charging laptops and cell phones, internet service, bad reception, and texting
- Family and relationships: family traditions, marriage, looking for love, kissing, falling in love, supporting each other, moving, cultural differences
- Money: making change, banking, credit cards, emergencies
- Health and wellness: catching a cold or the flu, gaining and losing weight, exercising, hot springs treatments, yoga, meditation
- Personal life and emotions: empathy, regret, hope, worry, boredom, joy and sadness, good and bad luck, beliefs and superstitions, good wishes
Reading Lessons in the form of a short story are included after Lesson 30.