Spanish Among Amigos
You Save: $2.59 (20.00%)
Conversational Spanish Beyond the Classroom
Textbook Spanish has its place - in the classroom. If you want to communicate with real people, however, it's time to leave the stilted dialogues and formal syntax behind. Instead, flip open Spanish Among Amigos and start hanging out with two native Spanish speakers, Pepa and Pili.
With twenty-one short, easily digestible units, this hands-on fluency builder introduces you to everyday Spanish in a conversational context. You'll be immersed in dialogues that feel so spontaneous you'll swear you're eavesdropping. At the same time, you'll pick up common words and expressions related to a broad range of true-to-life topics. In the pages of this book you'll:
- Immerse yourself in realistic conversations on everything from love and gossip to shopping and work
- Gain insight into the nuances of verbal exchanges between Spanish speakers
- Determine meaning through context rather than direct translation
- Assess your comprehension with short quizzes and fill-in-the-blank exercises
- Recognize and correct common beginner's mistakes as illustrated in dialogues with Pepa and Pipi's American friend, Tom.
For those moments when context isn't enough, a glossary, an answer key, and English translations of the dialogues are all available at the end of the book. Both newcomers and fluent speakers - anyone ready to break free from the constraints of classroom language learning - will appreciate these entertaining, lighthearted lessons in how Spanish is really spoken among amigos.
Softcover Book, 161 pages