Yes/No Medical Spanish
You Save: $7.49 (20.00%)
Comprehensive Handbook of Clinical Spanish
¿Tiene usted dolor abdominal?
¿Tiene usted problemas durmiendo?
¿Se examina usted su respiración cada día?
Communicate more effectively with your Spanish-speaking patients! Use this pocket-sized guide to quickly translate the scenarios you face every day-from admission through discharge-into questions that require only "Yes" or "No" responses.
Deliver high-quality care in the ER, office, clinic, or hospital! An easy-to-reference format groups the clinical questions into three categories
- Comprehensive history-taking questions for adult, obstetric, pediatric, and geriatric patients.
- Active medical problem questions for chronic, disease-based management.
- Symptom-based questions for reaching a differential diagnosis.
- Spanish pronunciation guidelines appear in the front of the book.
- Multiple translations reflect regi.onal and dialectical differences in usage and spelling.
Commonly used charts on the inside back and front covers include the Wong-Baker pain scale and a body outline for indicating pain.
Table of Contents:
- Breaking Down Language Barriers
- Pronunciation and Grammar
- Meeting the Patient
- History of Present Illness for Common Symptoms
- Active Medical Conditions
- Comprehensive Adult History
- Review of Systems
- Physical Exam
- Questions for Special Populations
- Health Behaviors History and Education
- Special Patient Instructions
- End-of-Visit Instructions
- CAGE Questionnaire
- Geriatric Depression Scale
- Dementia Screening
- Functional Assessment Tools
- English–Spanish and Spanish–English Dictionary
Authors: Tina M Kaufman and Ticiano Alegre
Editor's Note: While the publisher calls this "pocket-sized", you will need a large pocket to make it fit. The book is 9 inches tall, 6 inches wide and 7/8 inch thick and consists of 439 pages.