Cambridge Latin Course Unit 1
You Save: $4.99 (20.00%)
A successful course presented in a colorful, engaging book
The Cambridge Latin Course is a well-established introductory program in four Units. This proven approach includes a stimulating, continuous storyline, grammatical development and cultural information carefully woven throughout the text, a complete Language Information section and color photographs that illustrate the Roman world.
In Unit 1, the storyline follows the adventures of the well-known Pompeian banker Lucius Caecilius Iucundus and his family until the eruption of Vesuvius on that fateful day of August 24, A.D. 79. While the story of the main character, Caecilius' son, Quintus, is fictional, many real-life stories of Pompeian citizens have been included to add authenticity to this engaging text.
Key features of the Fourth Edition include:
- A wide range of color photographs, many specially commissioned
- Updated sections on background and culture, taking account of recent research
- Revised presentation of grammatical features
- Expanded sections featuring work on derivatives
- Revised and expanded questions accompanying comprehension pages.
Paperback book, 260 pages