IQChinese Go 100
You Save: $12.00 (20.00%)
Learn Chinese by Typing! Learn Pinyin, Simplified and Traditional Characters.
IQChinese understands the bottlenecks and challenges that learners face when learning Chinese as a second language. IQChinese courseware and software constitutes a unique, multimedia Chinese language learning system that integrates the familiarity of typing with a detailed, individual performance analysis into an easy-to-use, computer-friendly format that makes learning Mandarin Chinese easy, enjoyable, and effective.
IQChinese GO courseware is an eight volume series, each volume containing ten lessons and each lesson introducing 12 new, high-frequency, common, and “everyday-type” Chinese words. The entire series employs a “spiral format” that builds on previously taught vocabulary while only introducing twelve new characters at a time. GO courseware allows learners to acquire Chinese in a systematic way. GO 100-400 is the basic series; GO 500-800 is the intermediate/advanced series.
Type-to-Learn is exactly what it says it is, a way to become fluent with one thousand basic, high-frequency Chinese characters by actually typing on your computer. Nothing special is needed, any basic keyboard is sufficient. You can see exactly what characters and tones are giving you the most difficulty and then hone in to correct them. This lets students use multiple learning styles based on sensory preferences: Visual Preferences, Tactile Preferences, Auditory Preferences, and Kinesthetic Preferences.
- Read the text, see the Chinese characters
- Type the text and select the correct tone mark
- Hear the correct pronunciation and tone
- Speak and/or type what has been learned
Type to Learn with the “Drill” Function
This is the heart of learning Chinese by typing. In Drill you see the character and must enter the correct Pinyin and tone mark before the character is spoken aloud. Drill motivates you to apply what you have learned.
This is a unique approach that enhances the learner’s word recognition, listening ability and reading ability simultaneously; in some cases, tripling the speed of learning.
GO 100 Contents:
- Lesson 1 One Two Three: Learn to Count
- Lesson 2 How Are You: Learn Basic Greetings
- Lesson 3 Thank You: Learn to Express: Please, Thanks, and I'm Sorry
- Lesson 4 What Is Your Last Name? Learn to Introduce Oneself
- Lesson 5 What Day Is It? The Weeks and Months
- Lesson : How Many People? Learn to Introduce Self and Family Members
- Lesson 7 How Much? Learn to Ask and Give a Price
- Lesson 8 What Time Is It? Learn to Express Time
- Lesson 9 Making a Phone Call: Learn to have a Basic Phone Conversation
- Lesson 10 Hello Teacher: Learn to use Teacher, Student and Classmate
Windows: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Intel Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz or greater, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM Drive, Sound Card, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Screen Resolution 1024x768. Internet Connection required for product activation.
Macintosh: Mac OX X, 1GHz PowerPC, G5 or multicore Intel processor, 512 MB RAM, CD-ROM drive, Sound Card, 500 MB Hard Disk Space, Screen Resolution 1024x768. Internet Connection required for product activation.