You Save: $11.99 (20.00%)
Find Any Compound Using Any of Its Component Characters
The Kanji Dictionary makes the Japanese written language more accessible than ever before. This is the only kanji dictionary of its kind to employ a revolutionary multiple-reference compound system. Every kanji compound, a word or phrase made up of two or more characters, is listed under each of its component characters. This unique, time-saving feature makes finding compounds fast and easy. Search from any kanji in a compound is finally possible.
Entries are arranged according to a radical-based reference system, similar to that used in most other dictionaries, but it has been simplified to make it easier to learn and use. Also, the comprehensive on/kun readings index and handy radical "overview lists" provide further means to find an entry.
The focus of this reference work is kanji compounds, and the more than 47,000 entries in the main text include the most common and most important terms and expressions currently in use. The addition of newly coined terms, particularly those in new technical fields, is another key feature.
- Arranged for search from any kanji in a compound
- Contains a complete on/kun (Chinese/Japanese) reading index
- Includes an easy-to-use radical guide
- Features over 47,000 entries with an emphasis on current expressions
- Provides appendices of counters, historical periods, common Japanese surnames, etc.
Hardback Book, 1748 pages