Oxford Spanish Dictionary
You Save: $9.99 (20.00%)
Over 300,000 words and phrases, and 480,000 translations | Detailed coverage of Latin American Spanish
Compiled by expert teams of Spanish and English lexicographers, the Oxford Spanish Dictionary provides the richest, most contemporary coverage of Spanish from around the world. The result of thorough research using sophisticated computer programs to search for new terminology and ensure that all the latest vocabulary from Latin American Spanish and American English is covered, this brand new edition covers over 24 varieties of Spanish as it is written and spoken throughout the Spanish-speaking world--from Spain to Mexico, from Peru to the River Plate.
This groundbreaking edition of the Oxford Spanish Dictionary features 20,000 new entries (10,000 in each language), with the updating focused particularly on business, IT, and scientific terminology. Special entries on life and culture explain the differences between institutions, administrative systems, educational systems, and general life in the Spanish and English-speaking worlds, offering vital background to the language.
With a newly designed user-friendly format, the dictionary is more accessible than ever. Each entry is in color making it easy for the reader to distinguish between and search for words. With half of the entries in English and half in Spanish (including the front matter), the Oxford Spanish Dictionary is the ideal reference for native speakers of either language.
Handy and easy-to-use, this dictionary is also the essential tool for all students and teachers, as well as translators and language professionals.
- Over 300,000 words and phrases and over 480,000 translations that provide comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of Spanish and English
- An extended guide to effective communication, including a wealth of model letters offering help with a wide range of topics from compiling job applications to booking hotel rooms
- Up-to-the minute information on the cultures of the English and Spanish-speaking worlds, including a new section on the Euro
- In-text boxes that provide detailed guidance on grammar and usage
- American English throughout, with British English alternatives given where relevant
Hard Cover Book, 2,030 pages; 7-1/2 x 10-1/2 inches, almost 3 inches thick
This is a very heavy book weighing over 6 pounds and we have added a shipping surcharge of $2.00.