Pimsleur Hindi 2 CDs
You Save: $172.50 (50.00%)
Totally Audio | Scientifically Proven Method | Interactive Lessons | Only 30 Minutes a Day
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs (16 hrs), plus a Reading Booklet and User's Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Hindi
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what's going on in the world around you, learning Hindi will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn't have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you've tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn't stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it's up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain's natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
- 30, 30-minute audio lessons
- over 60 minutes of reading instruction to provide you with an introduction to reading Hindi designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent
- in total, over 16 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet and User's Guide
What You'll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's Hindi Level 1.
In the first 10 lessons you'll learn more past tense expressions. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Soon you'll take part in conversations about ordering meals, shopping, and local tourist attractions. As you progress, your fluency will increase as your vocabulary expands.
The next 10 lessons will allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You'll be discussing business and social activities, expressing your interests, and talking about the weather.
In the final 10 lessons you'll double your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You'll be able to ask for assistance in many situations and tell various locations of the buildings. You'll explore sports and leisure activities such as yoga and cooking, manage changing money and banking.
By the end of the program, you'll be speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you'll be comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons, which build upon the reading skills acquired in Level 1, are included at the end of Lesson 30. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading Hindi. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.