Pimsleur Icelandic CDs
You Save: $172.50 (50.00%)
Totally Audio | Scientifically Proven Method | Interactive Lessons | Only 30 Minutes a Day
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs (16 hrs), plus a Reading Booklet and User’s Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Icelandic
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning Icelandic will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn't have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you've tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn't stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
- 30, 30-minute audio lessons
- over 60 minutes of reading instruction to provide you with an introduction to reading Icelandic designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent
- in total, over 16 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet and User’s Guide
What You'll Learn
In the first 10 lessons, you'll cover the basics: saying hello, asking for or giving information, scheduling a meal or a meeting, asking for or giving basic directions, and much more. You'll be able to handle minimum courtesy requirements, understand much of what you hear, and be understood at a beginning level, but with near-native pronunciation skills.
In the next 10 lessons, you'll build on what you've learned. Expand your menu, increase your scheduling abilities from general to specific, start to deal with currency and exchanging money, refine your conversations and add over a hundred new vocabulary items. You'll understand more of what you hear, and be able to participate with speech that is smoother and more confident.
In the final 10 lessons, you'll be speaking and understanding at an intermediate level. In this phase, more directions are given in Icelandic, which moves your learning to a whole new plane. Lessons include shopping, visiting friends, going to a restaurant, plans for the evening, car trips, and talking about family. You'll be able to speak comfortably about things that happened in the past and make plans for the future.
Reading Lessons are included beginning in Lesson 11 providing you with an introduction to reading Icelandic. These lessons, which total one hour and fifteen minutes, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent.