Pimsleur Spanish 4 - Latin American - CDs
You Save: $172.50 (50.00%)
With Pimsleur Language Programs you don't just study a language, you learn it -- the same way you mastered English!
A new 30-unit course that replaces the Spanish Plus 10-unit course, and which is designed to be completed after Spanish 3.
Consists of thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken Spanish language learning. Plus, one hour of Reading Lessons designed to give you practice reading Spanish and expand your vocabulary.
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's Spanish Phases 1-3. You'll be speaking and understanding Spanish with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Phase 4, the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, making way for accelerated and more plentiful learning of vocabulary and structures.
Learn to speak about your profession, needs, likes and dislikes. Create complex sentences discussing the past, present and future, and discuss current technology.
Main topics of Spanish Phase 4 include:
- Work related travel: meetings, projects, conferences, appointments; using a business center in a hotel; making conversations in an educational setting.
- Accommodations: reserving a room, requesting Internet connection, getting help with luggage, asking about breakfast and dinner hours.
- Shopping: getting around in a department store, trying on and buying various items of clothing, asking for colors and sizes, buying gifts and souvenirs, going to the market.
- Vacationing: going to the beach and swimming pool, sunbathing, choosing inside or outside seating at a restaurant, taking a walk, talking about sports.
- Family and friends: conversing informally with and about friends and extended family, talking informally about everyday situations.
- Small talk: expressing opinions, wishes, and stating views; asking how someone is feeling; talking about books and summarizing a book plot.
- Weather: describing types of weather: rainy, windy, sunny, humid.
Speak with a natural-sounding, near-native accent. No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural and useful conversations at a high-intermediate level. Easy, fast, fun and effective. Learn anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary!