Tune Up Your French
You Save: $3.19 (20.00%)
The Top 10 ways to Improve Your Spoken French
If you are among the many people who have studied French in high school, college, or even beyond but still get stuck when it comes to actually speaking the language, this book is for you. Tune Up Your French will help you refresh and build on what you already know and give you the confidence to put it into practice. By demonstrating the connection between spoken language, body language, sound and ways of thinking, Tune Up Your French takes you beyond basic grammar to help you find your French voice - and give you that certain je ne sais quoi.
Structured around 10 "Tune Ups," this fun, informative, and highly effective book provides:
- Practical and realistic advice for improving spoken French
- Over 100 "Top Ten" lists of key French phrases and expressions
- Interjections, vocal noises, and physical gestures that make the most of the 92 percent of communication that is nonverbal
- Unwritten rules about slang
- Ways to make your point by saying the opposite of what you mean
- Cultural guidance for avoiding faux pas
- A repertoire of mots historiques
- An appendix of commonly troublesome words
- "Quick Fixes" to get you started right away
Also included are preview questions and review exercises for each chapter, an answer key, plus an invaluable audio CD that presents key phrases from throughout the book, tips on intonation, and engaging audio exercises. From idioms to gastronomic correctness and conversation starters, now you can discover what it means to see, feel, and say thing the French way!
Paperback Book, 260 pages plus Audio CD