Wheelock's Latin Textbook
You Save: $4.39 (20.00%)
The Classic Introductory Latin Course, Based on Ancient Authors
The classic, single–volume introductory Latin textbook, introduced in 1956 and still the bestselling and most highly regarded textbook of its kind.
Wheelock's Latin, sixth edition, revised, has all the features that have made it the best–selling single–volume beginning Latin textbook, many of them revised and expanded:
- 40 chapters with grammatical explanations and readings based on ancient Roman authors
- Self–tutorial exercises with an answer key for independent study
- An extensive English–Latin/ Latin–English vocabulary section
- A rich selection of original Latin readings –– unlike other textbooks which contain primarily made–up Latin texts
- Etymological aids
Also includes maps of the Mediterranean, Italy and the Aegean area, as well as numerous photographs illustrating aspects of classical culture, mythology, and historical and literary figures presented in the chapter readings.
- The leading self–tutorial Latin program. Also great for college and accelerated high school courses
- Wheelock's Latin is the top–selling Latin reference in the US.
- Interest and enrolments in Latin have been steadily rising in the U.S. for the past 20 years. One–half million people are currently enrolled in Latin classes, and at least 10,000 teachers, professors and graduate assistants are teaching the language in America.
Paperback Book, 510 pages
Test and sharpen your Latin skills with the companion book Wheelock's Latin Workbook.